Recently launched iPhones don’t have an audio jack which is why all iPhone owners have to buy Bluetooth headsets. But a variety of Bluetooth headphones have made life easier. However, pairing them with iPhone can be a little difficult especially for new iPhone users.
We understand that frustration when you are all set for some music and unable to connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone at that moment.
Well, don’t worry because we will tell you about all the connecting processes step by step in this guide so that you will know exactly how you are gonna connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to the iPhone.
How to Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones to iPhone
Step 1- Go to the settings of your iPhone.
Step 2- On the settings menu, select Bluetooth.
Step 3- Turn on the Bluetooth button.
Step 4- Now, switch on your Sony Headphones Bluetooth as per the instructions on the manual.
Step 5- Search your Sony headphones on your Bluetooth list of available devices.
Step 6- Now select your headphone and don’t forget to click on the pair option.
It might be difficult to connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone even after trying all these steps when you try pairing your headphones for the first time.
So, make sure that your iPhone is in range and your headphone is properly charged. You can also hold the power button of your Bluetooth headphones, it will refresh them and get them connected to your iPhone. When you press the button, a light (red or blue) will flash. Once connected, you will be able to hear an audio “connected”.
Why won’t my Sony Wireless Headphones connect to my iPhone
Bluetooth pairing procedure is not as simple as it looks, sometimes it can be very challenging.
There is a number of things that might be interrupting the connecting process and it is even more difficult to figure that particular reason.
So, let’s have a look at some most common issues that might occur while connecting your Sony Bluetooth headphones to iPhone:-
- Bluetooth and device are not within the range:- The distance between Bluetooth headphones and your device matters a lot. The distance shouldn’t be more than 2 or 3 feet and also make sure that Bluetooth of headphones and iPhone are on.
- Wi-Fi interruption:- Do you know that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are designed to work on same frequency i.e. 2.4GHz? So, do not get closer to the router as when you go into the frequency range of Wi-Fi, it ruins the connection.
- Because another device or Headphone is already connected:- It happens sometimes without even knowing that your iPhone get connected automatically with your older headphones or any nearby device. Or may be your Sony Bluetooth headphones are getting connected to someone else’s mobile phone. So, you better check that.
- Other physical barrier:- Sometimes when you are near any building or apartment, it interferes your Bluetooth connection and work as a barrier. Even microwave oven can interrupt your connection.
- Check out for the bug:- When your iPhone doesn’t have newer version of Bluetooth, it may prevent connectivity. If your iPhone operating system is not updated chances are that a bug is responsible for connectivity issues as newer version of Bluetooth Headphones are usually able to connect with upgraded version that’s why it is very important to update your phone’s operating system.
- Smart technology of Wireless Bluetooth headphones:- Updated Bluetooth headphones are designed with a very smart power management technology that means when the battery of the headphones or your iPhone runs low, it will automatically disconnect, so please keep both headphones and your iPhone fully charged.
Bluetooth technology depends on both software and hardware and they work just perfectly with the same versions of Bluetooth.
Sometimes pairing issues also occur due to the user’s error especially when the iPhone or Headphone is new and you try to connect it for the first time. Also, the newest Bluetooth smart technology only works with those devices that support the technology of Bluetooth but regardless of the issues, you can always use some hacks and other ways to fix the issue.
How do I fix my Bluetooth pairing problem?
Now that you know about some common issues that cause Bluetooth connectivity problems, you might want some pro tips for how to fix Bluetooth connectivity problems.
- Take help from the instructions manual:- Manual has got the solution for 99.9% problem that occurs. You better read it carefully to get your Sony Bluetooth headphones connected with your iPhone as the company always put essential steps on how to pair Bluetooth headphones. You can also go through the manufacturer’s website if manual is not available.
- Remove your headphones from the device:- It happens sometimes when your iPhone is not able to detect your Bluetooth headphones, so in that case you should remove your headphones from your iPhone Bluetooth list and pair it all over again. We will tell you about how to remove Bluetooth headphones from your device in detail.
- Make sure you are not close to the Wi-Fi router:- As we’ve discussed above, you must have understood that you should try to connect Bluetooth near Wi-Fi to avoid wireless signal interference as both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth uses same spectrum.
- Charge your wireless headphones completely:- As we’ve mentioned above that new wireless Bluetooth headphones use Smart Power Management technology that allows the Bluetooth headphones to get disconnect whenever it monitor low battery level.
- Turn off other Bluetooth connections:- Make sure that there aren’t any other person’s mobile Bluetooth is on. Check out and then try pairing your Sony Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone again.
- Replacing or repairing:- Tried all the above tips and still unable to connect Bluetooth, it means that your Bluetooth is defective and needs to be replaced or repaired. If your headphones are in the warranty period, get them replaced immediately and if not then you should contact someone who can repair your Bluetooth headphones.
Bluetooth is a high technology that can get interrupted by many things such as Microwave ovens, buildings, Wi-Fi, and power generators which is quite normal sometimes, so do not get panic.
How to delete Bluetooth headphones on my iPhone?
It is time to tell you about how to delete Bluetooth headphones on your iPhone to fix the Bluetooth connectivity issues.
However, the process is different depending on the device, so these steps won’t work on Android mobiles.
- Go to the settings of your iPhone.
- Select the Bluetooth option there.
- There you can see the list of Bluetooth devices. Tap on the “i” symbol of the Bluetooth device you want to remove.
- Now select “Forget this device”.
- Confirm it.
Your Bluetooth headphones should be successfully removed after following these steps on iPhone. But remember that these steps only work for iPhones and iPads.
For Android mobiles
- Select the settings icon on your mobile screen.
- Choose the Bluetooth option and turn it on.
- You will see all the saved Bluetooth devices list. Select ‘i’ on the device you want to delete.
- Now tap on “Unpair”.
So, these are the important steps to make your mobile forget the Bluetooth device. However, for Windows 8, Windows 10 and other computers these steps are completely different.
How do I pair my Sony Bluetooth earbuds with my iPhone?
So, just keep following those steps and you will connect your Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone successfully.
If you still find yourself struggling with the process then you can reset your headphones and iPhone for successful connection.
How to reset your iPhone
Press the sleep and home button and hold it for 8 to 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Once the screen goes black, press and holds the sleep button again to get it started.
This resetting process will refresh the operating system and you might get your Bluetooth headphones connected easily.
How to reset Sony Bluetooth headphones
First, turn off your Bluetooth headphones and then press and hold the power button for 5 to 6 seconds. When the light starts flashing either red or blue for 3 to 4 times that means the resetting process is complete.
How to reset Sony Bluetooth earbuds
Put your earbuds into the charging case (do not close the charging case) and put your finger on the left earbud sensor for 15-20 seconds.
When the red light starts blinking, remove your finger when the lights turn off. Now repeat the same process again with the right earbud, place your finger on the touch sensor and remove it when the red light stops flashing.
Remember that when the red light doesn’t flash or when the blue light starts flashing instead of red, it means that the resetting process has not been done properly and you need to do it again.
Once you reset the device and headphones, they are ready to get connected. So, start the pairing process again.
How to charge Sony Bluetooth headphones?
As you know that charging your headphones before using is very mandatory for proper functioning and pairing.
- First turn off your Sony Bluetooth headphones and then insert the USB charging cable.
- Wait till the red light on. Red light indicates that your headphones is charging.
- To get the headphones completely charged, it will take around 3 to 4 hours.
- The blue light will turn on when the charging is complete.
Let us also tell you that when Headphones are not used for a longer period of time then they may more hours to get charged. And the red light may not light up also while charging, however, you can wait for few minutes until it lights up.
If you need to charge your headphones again and again after using them for just a few hours it means that the rechargeable battery needs to be replaced with a new one.
Why won’t my Sony Bluetooth headphones charge?
There is a number of things that can lead to charging problems with headphones. Let’s see some common charging issues in Sony Bluetooth headphones:-
- Loose connection:- When your headphones are not charging, there are 99% chances of a loose charging cable. So, make sure that the cable is inserted perfectly and you can also try different cables to see if the problem is with the cable or it is something else.
- The damaged battery of the headphones:- When you leave the headphones unused for a very long time or under sun, the battery get overheated or damaged. So, in that case you should contact a battery dealer and get it replaced as soon as possible.
- Fault with headphone’s charging port:- It happens often when you leave the headphones open to dust and dirt, ports get blocked or scratched and cause issue while charging as it stops USB cable from making connection. So, clean your headphones from time to time for longer lifespan and to prevent these issues while connecting to the charging cable.
- Try to reset your Bluetooth headphones:- This option is very functional and best to overcome a number of issues. So, if you encounter any problems related to headphones, just reset them immediately. We’ve already discussed the resetting procedure above.
- Check out the ideal temperature:- Extreme temperature whether it is hot or cold is not good for the battery of your headphones as they stop your headphones from getting charged. So, do not charge in very hot weather conditions. Turn on the AC to make the room temperature ideal for charging. Remember, neither too hot nor too cold.
Again remember that the procedure varies from device to device and these tips are especially for Sony Bluetooth headphones.
We hope that we’ve successfully solved your Sony Bluetooth headphones-related issues and you can easily get them connected with your iPhone and enjoy the music and movies.
We’ve discussed every possible that might occur while connecting to iPhone and if in case you are still not satisfied then leave a comment below and tell us about your problem in detail.